How do I report a streetlight outage?

Call the Public Works Department Helpline at (337) 491-1220 or send an email to

Entergy repairs all City streetlights except for ornamental lights in the downtown area and lights on the Enterprise and Shattuck Street overpasses. Outages should be reported to Entergy by calling 1-800-9OUTAGE or by using this link here to submit a report online. Outages can also be reported to Entergy via their mobile app.

When will the light be repaired?  

Within 7-10 working days.

If you feel your request is not being handled properly or need to report outages that Entergy does not repair, please contact the Public Works Helpline during regular business hours at (337) 491- 1220 or send an email to 

Who trims tree limbs around streetlights?

If the tree is on private property, it is the responsibility of the property owner to have the tree trimmed. Entergy does not trim tree limbs that interfere with streetlights.

Who trims limbs around electrical lines?

Entergy will trim tree limbs that jeopardize service lines along the street. Entergy does not trim trees that jeopardize service lines from the street to a home. That is the homeowner's responsibility.  

Click here for more information on Entergy's tree trimming policy.

My street is dark. How do I get a streetlight installed?

Subdivision developers install streetlights at their expense. The City does not install streetlights in subdivisions, however, streetlights may be installed in older areas of town that are not part of a dedicated subdivision. The standard light spacing for streetlights is currently 180-200 feet.

Streetlights are installed for the benefit of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Homeowners wanting security lights installed can contact Entergy at 1-800-ENTERGY. The cost of the security light is the responsibility of the homeowner.